the first four are of things on or next to my desk, and the second half are just random drawings.
My lil chewbacca that my sister gave me a while ago. He lives on my bedside table.
These dried leaves I picked up on a walk in Chiba are scattered on my desk.
a dragon in the hills.
I’d like to make an anigif of this.
Instead of writing
a long political rant
here are some haikus
hitting up J-town
groceries on the handle bars
mmm I love natto
dwelling is a waste of time
standards staying high
rocks between my toes
how the hell did they get there
the sole split in half
we were so engrossed
but others turned off by our
blithe poop discussions
warm communal thing:
talk show, dancing, n quizzes
while munching on pie
Song of the week:
The Dictators – I Got You Babe
I was looking at my resolutions from last year and realized that I only truly fulfilled two of them.
First of all I decided somewhere along the line that sending packages is, for some stupid reason, very stressful for me. First you think of someone awesome who wants a certain thing, go find that thing—these are easy—but then finding a BOX that fits it, then oh jesus, going to a post office…?? The post office, at least the one near my house, is like DMV Lite in its banal, inefficient chaos. So that one I gave up on a long time ago.
Happy to say that I DID make more art and write more. Yayy. Both of these things are likely due to some structure I’ve imposed on myself, including Iron Blogger and municipal art classes that I’ve been going to. Very excited about the “Cityscape in Watercolors” class I’m taking this quarter.
I didn’t go camping. Once. 😐
Here’s my new shiny 2014 list of resolutions:
- Create visual art projects: Taking it up a notch…instead of disparate pieces that are just about getting comfortable with drawing+painting, I need to have meaningful cohesion between them. (minimum three/year)
- Read moar fiction. (minimum two books/month)
- Dance moar: I used to dance all the time in LA and I miss it. I think I may fill part of my fix through the Zumba® classes offered at the gym I plan to join. I love Zumba®.
- Check yourself…before you wreck yourself: Don’t get caught up in something just because it’s comfortable, convenient, and intuitively low risk. Usually such things are high risk in the long term. Gut instinct’s important but it’s gotta be balanced with ra-tio-na-li-ty. I know this is vague but it’s a thing that’s gotta happen in regards to certain things in my life. (everyday)
- GO CAMPING. (minimum one/year)